Friday, January 8, 2010

Buttermilk Pancakes

My mom made these pancakes almost every week. I still love taking a bite and as it melts in my mouth; I think of the breakfasts my mother made. We usually had a big breakfast every Saturday morning, the rest of the week was usually hot cereal and toast. The other morning, Brady woke up saying, "Pancakes!" (Which he asks for about once a week.) I just didn't have time to make them that morning so we had a nice big breakfast for dinner.(Which I melted my last nice mixing bowl on the stovetop. AAAAH!)

2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
2 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. melted butter

Mix all dry ingredients together; then add in eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter. Hint: If you don't have buttermilk on hand, add 1 T. of lemon juice to enough milk to make a cup. Sit for 5 min. This is pretty much buttermilk.

No comments:

Post a Comment